18 December 2009

staying current

Thanks to my first and only follower, Christina and to the movie "Julie and Julia", I decided I needed to get the ball rolling on this "blog stuff". It's a little intimidating to sit here and stare at a blank document that's waiting to be filled with "thoughts, theories and things", but I need to start at some point right?

I guess my topic for today will be the acceptance of technology. I like to think that I am old fashioned and traditional, so when new ipods, iPhone, blackberries, blogs, links, listserves, cars, and other crazy high-tech objects and computer things come out into the world, I am always a little turned off and "anti" at first. I think to myself- what if I randomly ended up on a deserted island and had to survive on my own? I like to think that i could build my own fire..kill an animal for food ..(yea right, I'm a vegetarian) and make due with my natural human instincts, but in the world we live in, we are so dependable on things that make our lives easier - it worries me. I hate the fact that I can't live without my ipod and cell phone- if either were to break , be stolen, get lost or God forbid run out of battery on that "deserted Island"...I would be MISERABLE.
Regardless of my old-fashioned approach, I need to keep up with the ever changing world and accept what is. So, here I am...starting slowly, aka "blogging".

Hopefully, in weeks, months and years to come- if I DO keep up with this "blogging gig" I will know how to have an interesting "profile". I will be able to add pics, links and other fun things that all those experienced bloggers have on their pages, but until then I will obviously keep it a little simple so I'm not overwhelmed.

I am not sure how many people will read this blog, or what my blog personality will even be... but it's kinda thrilling to know that I can say what I want and someone, somewhere out there may take interest and actually listen (or read in this case) to what I have on my mind. I got numerous thoughts running around every second...and sometimes there are so many things I want to say and do but can't form coherent sentences. I am hoping that my blog will be a nice outlet for me to "get out" what I want to say and do and people will either be inspired or fascinated with all I have going on in my mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment