04 February 2011

Argentina Anniversary

One year ago this past weekend I had just moved to Buenos Aires.  I remember skyping with some friends back in the states and they were showing me the snow outside their windows, while I showed them the palm trees outside of mine.  It is hard to believe that I have been home now as long as I was gone in Argentina.  Just goes to show that time really flies.  I was reading my journal today from last year and what I read was so interesting.  In my journal I stated how "at peace" and unafraid" I was about my trip to Argentina.  I also repeatedly wrote how "sure" I was about my decision to go.  I remember feeling more sure of this trip than anything I've ever made a decision about.  I recall being so mentally prepared to go abroad alone, so ready to experience a new culture, meet new people and just ready to take that trip.  Now a year later, it feels like that was all a dream.  Sometimes I wonder if I would be brave enough today to take that journey again (I like to think I would still be brave enough).  Although things in life are very unsettled right now and I really don't have a plan or any strong feelings about new roads to take,  I wouldn't change the process of events that got me to where I am now.  I grew so much from my experience abroad and hope and pray that I will get the chance to do it again sometime soon.  I can only hope my experiences and new found interests abroad will land me a job that I feel VERY passionate about and a job where I can use my talents to their utmost potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment