05 May 2010

La Musica cont.....

Just a quick update!

The concert went AMAZINGLY!!! We had SUCH a great time! I arrived early in Tigre(a small city about 45 minutes outside of B.A) where Fer met me and brought me to Turco's house(the leader of the band). I was nervous, had lots of anxiety, a headache...was so overtired and just not myself. When I got the their house, the band and I practiced for a total of 10 minutes and then walked to the bar, Il fango.

Fer had reserved a huge table for my friends in a perfect section of the bar so they could and hear me well(Thanks Fer!!!). As the band was setting up I walked around the bar, introducing myself to the wives and families of my fellow band members. Everyone was so friendly and sweet and very supportive of me (at least that's what I gathered from their beautiful Argentine accents). When my 8 friends finally arrived, they all stampeded through the main door with HUGE smiles on their faces and it actually gave a shock through my body. It was a feeling of excitement, nervousness, love and happiness! Jessica, Marie, Ian, Byron, Christine, Jessilyn, Inna, Jacques, Jake and Fer were all there for me and I couldn't have felt more loved and thankful.

We all sat down and ate tons of DELICIOUS pizza(very Italian inspired, since everything in Argentina is similar to Italy) and lots of Quilmes(Argentine beer)while more and more fans flooded through the doors. The entire bar was rented out for this concert and everyone looked so excited to see "La San Francisco" perform . I was so antsy the entire time and couldn't sit at all. As the band began to play their music...the familiar Beatles songs relaxed me and I just clapped and sang along with everyone else. My time to sing finally came about half way through the concert. I went up to the front hurriedly, yet confidently. I had a guitar pick that Turco gave me in my hand as a good luck charm, so I was set.




When I stood up there, I instantly felt at ease. I didn't feel intimidated by the crowd at all. Actually, the only people I was nervous in front of were my friends. I could barely look at them...and every time I did, I saw them snapping pictures of me while maintaining huge grins. I sang my four songs well! I was proud of them. They weren't the best, but they were decent for a first performance and the third time ever singing in front of other humans(I sing in front of my dog Patton all the time )The crowd cheered and clapped, the band smiled at me and winked at me as I left the stage and then said something to over the mic in Spanish. I just smiled as everyone laughed at what Turco said. I have gotten quite used to this; I pick up on about half of what people say and have learned to repeatedly say "Claro", or "si" with a plastic smile on my face!



The night ended with lots of applause, me "back-up singing" more songs with the band, some free pizza, beer, chit chats with the band(practicing my Castellano) and a few photos taken. After dinner, pictures and kissing each person good-bye, as is custom in Buenos Aires (refer to previous post)Fer organized that my friends and I get into the Boliche for free. He made sure we had a great time with lots of Tequila, and Fernet(Argentine specialty drink).

The night was one to remember. I love the band SO much! I love that they are all Argentine and barely know English. I love that I am invited to sing with them EVERY Tuesday until I leave Argentina in August. I love that I am performing again this Friday (and I am not even nervous) and I love that they are older than me and have years of experience and STILL invited me to join them (with what little experience I have in performing). I am so thankful for this experience and so happy!




Hope you enjoy the pics; MORE TO COME! I wish I could upload the videos, but I don't know how.

Besos,
Katrina


No comments:

Post a Comment